Bart Simpson is a cartoon character from the hit Fox animated television series The Simpsons, created by Matt Groening, and part of its titular Simpson family. The ten-year-old son of Homer and Marge and brother of Lisa and Maggie, Bart is the mischievous and rebellious troublemaker of the family, who disrespects the authority of his parents and teacher, pulls pranks at his school, rides his skateboard through town, and watches much television. During the first two seasons of the show, he became its breakout character, so much that an entire mania revolved around him.
Bart Simpson first appeared in the parade in 1990 and was the third to last character balloon in the parade that year. Unlike the other balloons made since 1984, Raven Aerostar didn't make this balloon, instead, another company did. Due to this, the seams on the balloon didn't hold together well, and he had to constantly be repaired. It is possible this is why he was retired in 1995.
A digital version of the balloon appeared during the Thanksgiving update of The Simpsons: Tapped Out mobile app in 2015.
- In 1991, Bart's left leg was deflated for unknown reasons
- In 1992, Bart's right finger was deflated.
- In 1993, Bart's T-shirt was ripped open by a streetlight due to The windy weather but made it through the parade route.
- In 1995, Bart was tossed by a tree but bounced back and no damage was done to the balloon.
- "The Simpsons Theme" (Band Version)